Thanks for your interest in the Slateman race! We’re so excited to have you join us.
We’re a rugby half-marathon put on by the Conwy Rugby Club. We’ve been running the race since 2006, and we can’t wait to see what this year brings!
This year we have a brand new course—it’s going to be faster, longer, and more scenic than ever before. The course will start at Conwy Castle and end at the beach! It’s about 8km out and back on a flat surface—perfect for your first half-marathon (or maybe even your first full marathon).
We take pride in providing an inclusive experience for all ages and abilities, so whether you’re training for your first race or coming back for more, this event is for you! It doesn’t matter if you’re a competitor or just looking for something fun to do with your friends—we’ll make sure everyone has a good time.
- 10k, 5k and 1km options.
- All the courses are flat apart from a small hill at the end of the 5k route which is optional to run up and down.
- Both running events start at 9am on the Main Road in Conwy, heading towards Conwy Castle. The 1km event will begin with a short warm up followed by a circuit around town before returning to the Main Road where runners will be greeted by their supporters. Runners will then complete 2 laps of this circuit (5km total distance).
- The 10k route heads out of town along the road to Llandudno before returning on a 2nd lap of the same route (10km total distance). Runners will then complete 3 laps of this circuit (15km total distance).
- The 5k route heads out of town along the road to Llandudno before returning on a 2nd lap of the same route (10km total distance). Runners will then complete 3 laps of this circuit (15km total distance).
- The 1km event starts at 9am in front of Conwy Castle and participants will head out across town before returning along the same route.
This race is part of a series that takes place across the UK and Ireland, with more than 100 events happening every year. Each event has its own team name, making it easy to find others who share your passion for running or walking through the woods with their friends and family.
The Slateman Marathon is also part of a larger global movement called Run4All, which encourages people from all walks of life to get active by participating in any kind of physical activity they enjoy—from small steps like walking at work during lunchtime or taking the stairs instead of an elevator on your way home from work each day all the way up to running marathons like this one!
It’s time to get your rugby on!
Are you ready to run with the boys? The Slateman is coming back for its second year in Conwy and we can’t wait.
This year we’re bringing you a half-marathon race that’s going to be full of fun, drama and excitement. With a course that takes in the amazing scenery and finishes with a party at the rugby ground itself, there’s no better way to spend your Saturday morning than crossing the finish line in style.
We know how much you love our races so we’ve made sure there’s something special for everyone this time around. Whether you’re looking for a challenge or just want to have some fun with your friends, there’s something for everyone!
So what are you waiting for? Sign up now before it’s too late!